People of Medieval Scotland
1093 - 1371

Transaction: Gift of toft and four acres of land in West Dronley (ANG) for exchange made of 4 1/2 acres in East Dronley (ANG)

Type of Transaction
Gift
From Source
2/106/4 (A.B. Ill., iii, 125n)
Firm date
1272 X 1294
Dating Notes
??
Primary
yes
Dare
yes
Exchange
yes
Corroboration / sealing
yes

Listing items 1 to 3, page 1 of 1

  • ‹‹ First
  • ‹ Previous
  • 1
  • Next ›
  • Last ››

Role Name Name (original language) Name (translation) Floruits
Grantor Hubert of Chellecham, master of Hospital of Jerusalem of Torphichen Hubertus Brother Hubert of Chellecham, master of house of Hospital of Jerusalem of Torphichen and brethren of same place 1294 × 1296
Beneficiary Nicholas Hay (I), lord of Errol (son of Gilbert) (d.1305/6) Nicholao de Haya Sir Nicholas de Hay, knight 1263 × 1305
Sealer Chapter of Hospitallers capituli nostri our chapter 1193 × 1272


Listing items 1 to 7, page 1 of 1

  • ‹‹ First
  • ‹ Previous
  • 1
  • Next ›
  • Last ››

Name Name (original language) Name (translation) Floruits Order
Robert Hay, knight (nepos of Gilbert) Robero de Haya Sir Robert de Hay, knight 1240 × 1283 1
William, clerk, constable of Dundee Wilhelmo William, clerk, constable of Dundee 1272 × 1294 2
John, chaplain (13C) Johanne Sir John, chaplain 1226 × 1272 3
Nicholas Hay (II), rector of Fossoway (son of Nicholas) Nicholao de Haya parvo Nicholas de Hay, the little 1294 × 1296 4
William Hay (IV), lord of Borthwick (son of John) Wilhelmo filio Johannis de Haya William, son of Sir John de Hay 1263 × 1308 5
Alexander of Moncur Alexandro de Monchor Alexander of Moncur 1270 × 1272 6
David Long Davide Longo David Long 1272 × 1272 7


Listing items 1 to 2, page 1 of 1

  • ‹‹ First
  • ‹ Previous
  • 1
  • Next ›
  • Last ››

Type Name Original Text Related Place
ANG (Angus) toft with 4 acres and pasture illud toftum et illas quatuor acras terre et totam illam pasturam [...] in villa de West Dorlaw West Dronley
ANG (Angus) 4 and half acres with pasture de quatuor acris terre et dimidio acre in Est Dorlaw cum pastura East Dronley (?Templeton)