People of Medieval Scotland
1093 - 1371

Transaction: Gift of churches by bishops of St Andrews, Glasgow and Whithorn

Type of Transaction
Grant of property (concedo)
From Source
2/140/19 (Dryb. Lib., no. 257)
Notes
Specific donors and churches not given, so entered into one transaction.

Listing items 1 to 7, page 1 of 1

  • ‹‹ First
  • ‹ Previous
  • 1
  • Next ›
  • Last ››

Role Name Name (original language) Name (translation) Floruits
Grantor William Malveisin, bishop of St Andrews (d.1238) sancti Andree [episcopis] bishop of St Andrews 1185 × 1237
Grantor Walter of St Albans, bishop of Glasgow (d.1232) Glasguensis [episcopis] bishop of Glasgow 1194 × 1232
Grantor Walter, bishop of Whithorn (d.1235) Candidecase [episcopis] bishop of Candida Casa 1214 × 1229
Beneficiary Dryburgh Abbey (fd.1150) 1150 × 1296
Consentor Chapter of St Andrews capitulorum ipsorum their chapters 1153 × 1313
Consentor Chapter of Glasgow capitulorum ipsorum their chapters 1161 × 1306
Consentor Chapter of Whithorn capitulorum ipsorum their chapters 1209 × 1287


Listing items 1 to 7, page 1 of 1

  • ‹‹ First
  • ‹ Previous
  • 1
  • Next ›
  • Last ››

Type Name Original Text Related Place
BWK (Berwickshire) church of Mertoun de Mertoun Mertoun
BWK (Berwickshire) church of St Cuthbert of Channelkirk de Childinchirch Channelkirk
ELO (East Lothian) church of Saltoun de Saultoun Saltoun
FIF (Fife) church of Kilrenny de Kilrethny Kilrenny
LAN (Lanarkshire) church of Lanark de Lanerk Lanark
ROX (Roxburghshire) church of Lessudden de Lessedewyn Lessudden (St Boswells)
WIG (Wigtownshire) church of Sorbie ('Little or Greater'?) de Sowrby ecclesias Sorbie