David of Bernham, bishop of St Andrews (d.1253) (counterseal)
- David of Bernham, bishop of St Andrews (d.1253)
- Matrix Shape
- pointed oval
- Image description (obverse)
- Counterseal depicted the Virgin with *nimbus* seated on a bench holding the Child on her left knee. Beneath, under a *trefoiled* arch, is the bishop with a mitre kneeling to *dexter*.
- Image description (reverse)
- Legend (obverse)
- MEMENTO DOMINE DAVID / AVE GRA PLENA DNS TE[CVM]. (“A reminder of Lord David” / ?)
- Legend (reverse)
- Dimensions: 2 × 1 ¼ in.
SW I, p.84.