Gilbert, earl of Strathearn (d.1223) (counterseal)
- Gilbert or Gilla Brigte, earl of Strathearn (d.1223)
- Matrix Shape
- Image description (obverse)
- Counterseal of Gilbert, earl of Strathearn (d.1223) used in conjunction with his second seal. The seal appears to depict nine *billets* (5, 3 and 1).
- Image description (reverse)
- Legend (obverse)
- SECTV ∙ G ∙ COI’TIS ∙ DE ∙ ST’DERNE (“Privy seal of Gilbert, earl of Strathearn”).
- Legend (reverse)
- Dimensions: 11/16 in. diameter.
SW III, p.625.