Baldred, dean of Lothian, and John, vicar of St Giles, Edinburgh, attest to instruments of the canons of Holyrood of the church of Melginch (PER), including 1) the charter of David Uvieth, with the assent of Alexander, his heir, by which he has granted and by his charter established to St Columba and Bishop John [of Dunkeld], the church of Melginch, and has quitclaimed his rights (H3/579/1); 2) the charter of H[ugh], bishop of Dunkeld by which he, with the consent and assent of his chapter, has given, granted and by his charter established to the canons of Holyrood Abbey the church of Melginch, with the land which in Gaelic is called apdaine, to convert for their own uses, saving sinodals (H2/6/30); 3) the papal confirmation of Gregory [IX] of the church of Melginch and the land called in Gaelic apdaine which the bishop of Dunkeld donated, and also the teinds of the wasteland and land of Bauelay (Bavelaw, MLO?) and any goods (H2/140/74); 4) the papal confirmation of Innocent [IV] of the church of Melginch (H2/143/1).
28 July 1243 X
28 July 1243 × mid-13th century
After Pope Innocent's charter (5 kal. Aug., pontifical year 1) × occurrence of Baldred as dean