People of Medieval Scotland
1093 - 1371

Document 2/97/55 (Camb. Reg., no. 4)

Prior John and convent of St Andrews for Cambuskenneth Abbey; with consent of chapter, have established donation which Gilbert, lord of Fargie, gave; that is, portion of land which belonged to dewar ('Ledereth'), which lies next to priest's house in territory of Arngask (PER), with right of patronage of church of Arngask, which donation had been established by William, bishop of St Andrews. In addition, same bishop, granted whole fruits and income of church, after death or resignation of current rector, to canons for their own use, saving all diocesan rights
Firm date
14 September 1282
Dating Notes
Monday after the feast of the translation of St Augustine the bishop, 1282
Place date (modern)
St Andrews
Place date (document)
Sanctum Andream
Related Place
St Andrews
Source for Data Entry
Cambuskenneth Registrum, no. 4
Trad. ID
Camb. Reg., no. 4
Calendar number
Charter type

Total number of associated factoids: 10

Listing items 1 to 3, page 1 of 1

  • ‹‹ First
  • ‹ Previous
  • 1
  • Next ›
  • Last ››

Date Short Summary Primary Witnesses
unavailable Donation of land belonging to dewar in Arngask (PER) no
unavailable Confirmation of land in Arngask (PER) no
14 Sept. 1282 Confirmation of land belonging to dewar in Arngask (PER) yes

Listing items 1 to 2, page 1 of 1

  • ‹‹ First
  • ‹ Previous
  • 1
  • Next ›
  • Last ››

Date Short Summary Holder Lord
14 Sept. 1282 House in Arngask
14 Sept. 1282 Land in Arngask (PER) Unknown, dewar