People of Medieval Scotland
1093 - 1371

Document 2/97/46 (Lind. Cart., no. 144)

Prior Gilbert and convent of St Andrews for Lindores Abbey; with consent of chapter and authority of God and Blessed Andrew the apostle, have granted church of Collessie (FIF) which nobleman, Sir Roger de Quincy, earl of Winchester and constable of Scotland, patron of church of Collessie, donated to abbey, and which Gamelin, bishop of St Andrews bestowed to possess for their own uses in perpetuity as contained in charter; that is, that after death or resignation of Master Adam of Makerstoun, rector of church, it is permitted that monks shall hold Collessie for their own uses, saving that vicarage of church is served sufficiently and provided with its honest sustenance and saving bishop's rights and episcopal dues.
Firm date
11 June 1262
Dating Notes
Day of St Barnaby the apostle, 1262
Place date (modern)
St Andrews
Place date (document)
sanctum Andream
Related Place
St Andrews
Source for Data Entry
Lindores Chartulary, no. 144
Trad. ID
Lind. Cart., no. 144
Calendar number
Charter type

Total number of associated factoids: 12

Listing items 1 to 3, page 1 of 1

  • ‹‹ First
  • ‹ Previous
  • 1
  • Next ›
  • Last ››

Date Short Summary Primary Witnesses
unavailable Donation of church of Collessie (FIF) no
unavailable Concession to hold church of Collessie for own uses no
11 Jun. 1262 Confirmation of church of Collessie (FIF) yes Chapter of St Andrews

Listing items 1 to 1, page 1 of 1

  • ‹‹ First
  • ‹ Previous
  • 1
  • Next ›
  • Last ››

Date Short Summary Subject Object
11 Jun. 1262 Patron of Church of Collessie(Tenurial & lordship relationship) Roger de Quincy, earl of Winchester (d.1264) Church of St Andrew of Collessie