Malcolm, earl of Fife, has granted and by his charter established to North Berwick Priory in free and pure and perpetual alms the church of North Berwick (ELO) with its churchlands, and with teinds and oblations, and all other rights justly pertaining to it, and the land in which the house of the nuns is built, that is, ‘Gillecalmestun’ (ELO), and the land of the hospitals of North Berwick (ELO) and Ardross (FIF) and the churches of Kilconquhar (FIF), Largo (FIF) and Logie-Airthrey (STL) with ‘Drumnath’, all with their churchlands, teinds, oblations and other rights, Montrave (FIF), Aithernie (FIF) and half of the land of Breich (WLO) by their right bounds, as the charters of his father give and establish and bear witness.
1204 X 21 April 1214
1204 × 21/Apr/1213
Death of Earl Duncan II of Fife × royal confirmation (_RRS_, ii, no. 516).
Source for Data Entry
North Berwick Carte, no. 7 (with facsimile)
N.B. Chrs., no. 7
This is a re-issue of the above charter (3/16/12), after Malcolm had become earl, and with new witnesses.
NAS, GD 45/13/279