Roger de Quincy has given, granted, and established by his charter, to the hospital of the Apostles James and John of Brackley (Northants.), his whole demesne in Gask (PER) in arable land with pasture for 24 oxen, 15 cows and 100 sheep, and with four acres of meadow lying on the western side of the chapel of St Findoc towards the mill of Gask, and with reasonable necessities for fuel and for the construction of houses, in his wood of Gask, by view of his forester, in pure and perpetual and free alms, for the support of three chaplains who should celebrate in perpetuity for his soul and those of his ancestors and successors, in exchange for 40s of annual renders which Roger of St Andrews gave to the hospital in Collessie (FIF), namely, two marks for ornamentation of the church, and one mark for the recreation of the infirm.
3 November 1219 X 1234
Death of Saer de Quincy × Roger’s succession as constable.
Source for Data Entry
Simpson, Acts of Roger de Quincy, no. 1.
Simpson, de Quincy, no. 1
Oxford, Magdalen College, Brackley C.127
See comments by Grant Simpson. This charter was probably written up at Brackley or Halse.