Roger de Quincy, earl of Winchester, constable of Scotland, ratifies the donation that William of Lynn made to Scone Abbey in perpetuity over that land that was in the barony of his father the earl of Winchester within the burgh of Perth, that lies between the land that was the late Henry the Bald’s and the land that was the Helmet-maker’s, that is, the land which the same William held from him by charter. He also grants and establishes the aforesaid land to the abbey as fully attested by William’s charter, except the right of lodging which the earl has remitted to the abbey. He wills that the abbey should have the land freely and quietly for an annual render of one half mark of silver, namely, 40d. at Pentecost and 40d. at Martinmas, for all service, custom and demand, saving the right that any claim shall be settled in his court by the law and assise of the land.
3 December 1236 X 12 November 1246
Consecration of Geoffrey, bishop of Dunkeld × royal confirmation (_Scone Lib._, no. 81). This period also fits closely with the tenure of Simon of Biggar as treasurer of Glasgow, with its prebend of Carnwath.