Pope Alexander III has established to the prior and convent of St Andrews the lands and possessions which are written below and which they possess legitimately, that is, the lands Kilmux (FIF), which Merleswain conferred in perpetual alms, the land which Bishop Richard donated, the church of Lathrisk (FIF), with its chapels of Fordin (?) and Kettle, and the churches of Kennoway (FIF), Cupar (FIF) and St Cyrus (KCD). Further, he indulges freedom from teinds on new lands which they work with their own hands or at their own expense and on the offspring of their animals, freedom from first-fruits, the right to sing the Te Deum and Gloria on the feast of St Andrew, the right to celebrate divine offices privately and quietly during a general interdict, and burial at St Andrews for those who wish it.
17 January, 1166 X 1181
1174 or 1176 or 1178
16 kal. Feb., reference to Bishop Richard of St Andrews [who was consecrated in March 1165] × death of Pope Alexander III, prob. based on the itinerary.