W[illiam], bishop of Glasgow, and G[eoffrey], bishop of Dunkeld, recite letters from Pope Gregory IX appointing them papal judges-delegate in the case between [Clement] bishop of Dunblane and the abbot and convent of Arbroath over the church of Abernethy, which had already been committed to the bishops of St Andrews, Brechin and Dunkeld. The judges have ordained that all right which the abbot and convent of Arbroath had in the altarage of Abernethy (PER) with the lands of Pitlour (FIF) and Ballo (PER) shall fall to the bishop of Dunblane and remain in perpetuity, saving half the land of Ballo (PER) to the monks and easements, and saving all garbal teinds pertaining to the church of Abernethy, converted for their own uses. The bishop of Dunblane shall provide the goods for the altarage and see that the church is suitably served.
10 June 1237 X 20 August 1241
Papal appointment of judges × death of Pope Gregory IX