An agreement was made between the prior and convent of Beauly Abbey and Master Henry of Nottingham, rector of the church of Tarradale (ROS), and with the consent of the parties they submitted to the arbitration of Archibald, archdeacon of Moray, then bishop-elect of Caithness, Master Ralph, called Reny, sub-dean of Moray, and Master Thomas de Boch, canon of the same church, under penalty of 100 marks paid by the party unwilling to resile from the arbitration. If such penalty is incurred, they are bound to pay it, and they themselves and their goods, worldly and ecclesiastical, moveable and immoveable, thenceforth subjected to the jurisdiction of Sir Archibald, archdeacon of Moray, bishop-elect of Caithness, who may be able to compel, by sentence of excommunication, the party wishing to resile from the said arbitration. They renounced processes held and to be held, appeals admitted and to be admitted before the judges, and also letters obtained and to be obtained concerning each and every premise from the ordinary and delegated judges, or to them. They renounced the holy privilege of signing, and royal prohibition and constitution of two diets, and all remedies of lay, both civil and canonical. On 10 Jan. 1275, the arbitration was settled in the cathedral of Elgin whereby the prior and convent shall have all the teinds of the whole land which belongs to the church of church of Tarradale, for eight years beginning from Whitsunday 1275; the prior shall provide, at his own costs during those eight years, Master Henry with two horses and two garcons, for the half of each year; Master Henry shall provide faithful protection with these expenses and serve the prior and convent as often as required.