A friendly agreement is formed between William, of good memory, bishop of St Andrews, and Abbot H[enry] and the convent of Arbroath regarding the presentations of vicarages and the procurations of churches which they have in the bishopric of St Andrews granted for their own uses. It was granted that perpetual vicars, clerks, or sacrists shall be presented to all the churches, following the constitution of the Lateran Council. The bishop shall visit the churches of Barry (ANG), Arbirlot (ANG), since those churces are close to the monastery, and he shall also visit the churches of Inverkeilor (ANG) and Inverlunan (ANG) since they are also closeby. The following churches are those held by Arbroath in the bishopric of St Andrews, granted for their own uses: Inverkeilor, Inverlunan, Barry, Glamis (ANG), Newtyle (ANG), Dunbog (FIF), Arbirlot, Nigg (KCD), Monifieth (ANG), Strathectyn (Stradighty Mains, ANG), Murroes (ANG), Kirriemuir (ANG).
18 September 1202 X 18 August 1204
poss. May 1203 ×
Translation of William Malveisin to bishopric of St Andrews × appointment of Master Laurence as official of St Andrews; May 1203 × date suggested by D.E.R. Watt (_Graduates_, 532).