An agreement is formed between Dunfermline Abbey and Newbattle Abbey concerning salt-pans which they hold of Dunfermline Abbey in the Carse between the salt-pans of Kelso Abbey and the salt-pans of the canons of Cambuskenneth, and which Dunfermline had discharged to Newbattle Abbey, to be held by them and their successors at perpetual ferme with the croft adjacent to it, rendering to Dunfermline Abbey or their messengers 20s. yearly at Newbattle, half at Pentecost and half at Martinmas, for all services and demands.
circa 7 June 1237
On or before 7 June 1237
Before or on the same day as _Newbattle Reg._, no. 160