An agreement is formed between the monastery of Melrose and the baptismal church of Maxton (ROX), with the assent of the abbot and monks of Melrose and the assent of Leon, persona of Maxton and employing the assent of Sir Walter, bishop of Glasgow and Sir John de Normanville, patron of the church, regarding the teinds and obventions of the land that the monks possess. From 1227, within the limits of the parish of Maxton, the monks of Melrose shall pay to the church 4 marks yearly at Pentecost. For this payment, the monks shall be free from penalties and immune from all disturbances of privileges and all vexations and exactions.
1227 X 2 November 1232
1227 mentioned in text × death of Bishop Walter of Glasgow