Alexander son of William son of Edgar and Isolda daughter of Anselm of Mow, his wife, have given, granted and by this their charter established to Kelso Abbey one oxgang of land in the territory of Mow (ROX) from the land which they held of Richard of Lincoln, namely the oxgang on eastern part near the land which Henry the Fat held of Richard Scot, in free, pure and perpetual alms, with everything pertaining to it. The donation of this oxgang follows an agreement made after the death of Agnes, the late wife of Anselm de Mow, namely after Richard of Lincoln assigned to the lords (Alexander and Isolda) one ploughgate of land in Mowhope, that Alexander and Isolda would convey, in exchange for an oxgang which the monks held in Mowhope, an oxgang located in a better and more useful area for the monks. They gave this land to them for the salvation of the souls of their fathers and mothers and for the salvation of their souls.
18 September 1202 X 5 May 1236
the bishop of St Andrews whose chaplain was Edward was William Malveisin x death of William Avenel (_Calendar Inquest Post Mortem Henry III_, no. 4)