Bernard of Hadden has given, granted and by this his charter established to Kelso Abbey, in pure and perpetual alms, eight acres of land and one rood in the territory of his villa of Hadden (ROX) contiguous to the land of the monks which he assigned to them in the presence Geoffrey, steward of Kelso and others. He gave and granted this alm to Kelso for the salvation of his lord, the king of Scotland, and all of his ancestors and successors, and for the salvation of his soul and all of his ancestors and successors. The monks granted to him, his heirs and his family in perpetuity a chapel in his court and service following the terms of a chirograph which is made between him and the monks.
1180 X 2 February 1196
John, dean of Roxburgh's predecessor in office x Archdeacon Simon's successor in office