William de Haye, for the welfare of the souls of himself, his wife Ada, and his father William, his mother Eva and his brother D[avid], has given [granted and by his charter established] to Coupar Angus Abbey in pure and perpetual alms, all his land in the Carse of Gowrie (PER), which his brother Sir David de Haye, of good memory, gave him for his homage and service and established by his charter.
May 1237 X 18 April 1241
Last known attestation of Sir David de Haya × royal confirmation (_C.A. Chrs._, no. 46; _Handlist_, no. 249). This is the first charter to state that Sir David was now dead.