An agreement has been formed between the abbot and convent of Kelso and Gilbert, son of Alden of Hume, concerning the ecclesiastical benefices of Wedderlie (BWK), claimed by Kelso as belonging to the church of Hume (BWK). G[ilbert] has conceded and quitclaimed to Kelso and the mother church of Hume all ecclesiastical benefices from the said villa of Wedderlie. The abbot and convent of Kelso conceded that G[ilbert] and his heirs may build and have a chapel in the villa of Wedderlie, and also G[ilbert] gave, granted and by his charter established to the same chapel and the monks 5 acres of cultivated land in the villa, for a toft and croft in a suitable place there, and another 5 acres of arable land in the field between his men and sufficient pasture for 100 sheep and lambs up to one year and 40 animals and their calves up to one year with certain easements which the persona of the church shall have in free and perpetual alms. The abbot and convent of Kelso shall serve the same chapel three days a week and on feast days stated in the diocesan statues from the chaplain of Hume or Halliburton (BWK) or another. After the clerks die, their bodies shall be brought to the place of Wedderlie to be buried at the mother church of Hume.
1173 X 2 February 1194
Predecessor of John, dean of Fogo, in office (_Kelso Liber_, no. 299) x successor of Andrew, archdeacon of Lothian in office