Robert, son of Walter of Congalton makes known that he has received, from the gift of the prior and convent of Lanercost, for his homage and service, the land which William de Vaux, son of John de Vaux, gave them in the territory of Kingston (Dirleton, ELO), as he established to them by his charter, which Robert de Clifford held of them and quitclaimed, resigning his charter from them, that is, a toft and croft with an oxgang of land which Ralph the skinner (pelliparius) held, and one culture in the territory of Kingston which is called ‘Quitelav’, and another culture in the territory of Fenton next to the marsh, and all the culture which lies between the land of Robert Fleming and the exit of Kingston, and three acres next to the sheepfold which belonged to Richard son of Michael, to hold in feu and heritage as contained in the charter of the prior, rendering to them at Lanercost at the fair of Carlisle one pound of cumin.
1238 X 9 February 1248
prob. ca 1244 x
Succession of Walter of Ousby as archdeacon of Carlisle × death of Ralph, prior of Carlisle