Simon of Kinnear, for the souls of the illustrious King William and Queen Ermengarde and Alexander their son, and others, has given, granted, and by this his present charter established, to Balmerino Abbey in Fife, in pure, quit and perpetual alms, a certain land in the feu of Kinnear (FIF) by its right bounds, stated herein, free and quit from all aids, expedition and tallage, and other exactions, customs and secular services, with common pasture pertaining to that land, except six acres of land belonging to the hospital (of St John’s) and two acres of meadow belonging to the lord on the west side.
28 June 1243 X 21 September 1260
Papal confirmation of Innocent IV (_Balm. Lib._, no. 58) × royal confirmation (1/8/30)
Source for Data Entry
Balmerino Liber, no. 12
Balm. Lib., no. 12
Confirmed by King Alexander III, 21 Sept. 1260 (1/8/30). G. Markús, ‘Reading the place-names of a monastic landscape: Balmerino Abbey’, in Cîteaux: commentarii cistercienses, t. 59 (2008), 153-6.