William, son of Patrick the brewer of Kintillo, with the consent and goodwill of his spouse, Eva, has given, granted, and by this his present charter quitclaimed to Sir Matthew of Moncreiffe and his heirs or attorneys, all right that he had in the land of Moncreiffe (PER), namely 30 acres that he held from Matthew, for a certain sum of money which he (Matthew) paid them in their great need, to hold in perpetuity for an annual render of one mark, half at Pentecost and half at Martinmas, for all service, custom and secular demand. And so this quitclaim will remain strong, Eva his spouse has sworn on the holy gospels in the presence of Sir Reginald, then chaplain of Moncreiffe and Reginald ‘le Varand’ (de Warenne) and John of Kinmonth, and David of Moncreiffe and John ‘Vyntir’. William and Eva have obligated themselves to God and the Holy Church and the archdeacon and chapter of St Andrews to observe faithfully this grant and quitclaim.
The beneficiary, Sir Matthew of Moncreiffe, had royal charters dated 1 Feb. 1249 and 20 Oct. 1251. Other charters involving Matthew all seem to post-date this one.