Alexander de Néhou, for the souls of his lords Richard de Moreville, William de Moreville, Roland of Galloway and Helen de Moreville, and William de Néhou his father and Richard de Néhou his brother and Syrit his mother, and others, has granted, given, and by this his present charter established, to Dryburgh Abbey, one half ploughgate of land in the territory of Giffen (AYR), by stated bounds, in free, pure and perpetual alms, with common pasture and other easements of his land of Trearne (AYR). He will allow the canons’ men dwelling on that land to go to the shielings as his men of Trearne do, if they wish. He has granted and given this half ploughgate of land to the canons in exchange for two oxgangs of land which William his father gave them in the feu of Giffen and for two other oxgangs of land which Richard his brother gave and enchartered (incartavit) and for the increase of the land Richard his brother gave them.
15 March 1196 X 19 December 1200
Death of William de Moreville × death of Roland of Galloway
Source for Data Entry
Dryburgh Liber, no. 226
Dryb. Lib., no. 226
Barrow, Anglo-Norman Era, App. B, 189. Note the mention of the well of St Brigit.