Richard of Nydie has given and granted and made firm by this his present charter to Balmerino Abbey, with the express wish and consent of his wife Amabilla, in pure and perpetual alms, a certain piece of land in his holding of Nydie (FIF), by stated bounds, with common pasture for two cows, one horse and 60 sheep, with all easements and pertinents.
1240 X October 1266
This charter is after Hugh’s charter (_Balm. Lib._, no. 46), and seems to post-date the dropping of St Edward from the abbey’s charter formula, which happened between 1238 and 1241. Before the death of John de la Haye of Naughton; his last attestation is in 1244, but his successor is not on record until 1266.