John de Normanville has granted and made firm by his charter, for the souls of his father and mother and all his ancestors and successors, in free, pure and perpetual alms, all that land which is called Morehouse in the territory of Maxton (ROX) which they held from his father, by stated bounds, free and unbound from all terrestrial service, custom and secular exaction. Additionally, he gave to them for an increase and by this his charter confirmed, in free and perpetual alms, all that land which Hugh de Helleya held which is all contained within the bounds of his present confirmation and the charter of his father. He and his heirs will acquit them from all forinsec service and from all other things [owed] to the lord king and all other men. Additionally, he gave and granted to them common pasture of the villa of Maxton for 200 sheep, 12 cows and 2 pigs with further specified freedoms and restrictions.
1207 X 1219
Consecration of Walter, bishop of Glasgow × death of Thomas de Coleville