Robert of London has granted and by this his charter established in pure and perpetual alms the lands which Thomas of London gave and established to the church of Lessudden (ROX), namely, the tofts which he had on the south side of the church and half the apple orchard next to the church that was his, and the land and meadow on the west side of the church as far as the great road which goes toward Eildon and on the north side of the church, the land from the cemetery beyond a certain old ditch, as he gave and assigned them in the beginning, as far as the River Tweed, in free and perpetual alms, and a persona singing a weekly mass over the altar of St Margaret the Virgin.
24 May 1153 X
Thomas of London’s charter above (3/358/1), possibly around the same time as Robert’s other charters
Source for Data Entry
Dryburgh Liber, no. 59
Dryb. Lib., no. 59
See also the agreement between Dryburgh Abbey and Jedburgh Abbey, dating to 1177 (4/8/5).