Peter son of Peter de Rupe, with the consent of, and in the presence of, John his heir, has given, granted, and by his charter established, to Dunfermline Abbey a toft and croft in Clermiston (MLO) that Norman Belle held, lying between the lands of the Temple and the Hospital, by stated bounds, with a perch of his land in ‘Northflat’, with common pasture for 14 oxen, 80 mother sheep with their lambs and two horses, with all easements of the villa of Clermiston, in pure and perpetual alms, free and quit from all service, exaction and demand. Peter and his son John laid down the charter on the great altar of the church of Dunfermline in offering.
circa 1225 X 1235
Based on witnesses, esp. Philip of Lochore and his son Constantine.