William of Lindsey has granted and by this his charter established to the church of St Giles of Binny (WLO) a half ploughgate of land which his ancestor ‘Durandus’ (= Thorald son of Swain, sheriff of Edinburgh) gave, with meadow and toft in Thorald’s court and with common pasture, in pure and perpetual alms, free and quit from all secular exaction.
1172 X 2 February 1194
Nicholas as abbot of Cambuskenneth × Aiulf dean of Lothian
Source for Data Entry
St Andrews Liber, 180
St A. Lib., 180
Binny was technically a chapel under the authority of Linlithgow, which had been given to St Andrews Priory just prior to the foundation of the Augustinian chapter. William gave a ploughgate of land in Binny to Cambuskenneth Abbey by 1195 (2/136/6), which accounts for the attestations here of the abbot and one of the canons.