Roger Wyrfaut, with the consent of Cecilia, his wife, has given, granted and by this his charter established, to St Andrews Priory all his land in the territory of Conveth (KCD) which he held by the gift of Sir Robert son of Warnebald and Lady Richenda his wife, with all its pertinents, in free, pure and perpetual alms, for the welfare of his soul and that of Cecilia his spouse, as contained in their authentic [charter] and in the confirmation of the venerable men the lords abbot and convent of Arbroath.
9 July 1238 X 12 May 1250
Adam as archdeacon of St Andrews.
Source for Data Entry
St Andrews Liber, 279
St A. Lib., 279
Barrow, Anglo-Norman Era, App. B, 197-8. See ‘Wirfauk’ in Reaney and Wilson, 497. OE for ‘wiry hair’
The land is identified as Scotston, and a half davoch nearby belonging to Hugh, son of Waltheof.