Roger Wyrfaut has given, granted and by this his present charter established to St Andrews Priory all right that he had to the land that was the late Hugh son of Waltheof’s in the territory of Conveth (KCD), which Richenda daughter of Humphrey of Berkeley gave and granted to him in her legitimate power and her widowhood by concession of the lords abbot and convent of Arbroath, in pure, free and perpetual alms, as Richenda’s charter attests, saving the forinsec service of the lord king, which pertains to a half davoch, and saving the multure of that land that pertains to the mill of Conveth, rendering annually one pound of peppers to Richenda and her heirs or their attorneys for all service on Pentecost. Sealed by Bishop Gamelin of St Andrews.
Spring 1258 X 29 April 1271
Return of Bishop Gamelin from Rome × his death. Also note that it is after the death of Hugh son of Waltheof and after the death of Robert son of Warnebald, Richenda’s husband.