Walter of Mulcaster has given, granted, and by this his charter established, to Dryburgh Abbey, that half ploughgate of land in the territory of Giffen (AYR) which Alexander de Néhou gave the same canons, that is, which the chapel of St Bridget sits in ‘Triern’ by stated bounds, in free, pure and perpetual alms.
15 March 1196 X 1221
Alexander de Néhou’s charter (3/436/1) × charter of Thomas, abbot of Dryburgh (_Dryb. Lib._, no. 229)