William de Vaux has given and granted and made firm by this his present charter to St Cuthbert and the monks of Durham at their infirmary two oxgangs of land in the territory of Gullane (ELO), to wit, three perches that lie near the croft of St John towards the west, and 12 acres minus 1 perch that lie between the land of William son of Archibald and the Wingate and 13 acres and 3 perches that lie between the sea and the 3 acres that belong to the sergeandry of Gullane on the North, with the pasture that pertains to 2 oxgangs of land, in pure and perpetual alms, free and quit from all secular service, custom and exaction.
1189 X 1207
Perhaps × 1203; Ralph, prior of Coldingham.
Source for Data Entry
Raine, North Durham, App., no. 172; Durham University Library Special Collections Catalogue of Durham Cathedral Muniments: Miscellaneous Charters (online resource).