William Maule of Fowlis has given, granted and by this his charter established to St Andrews Priory the chapel of Fowlis [Easter] (ANG) with the land belonging to it, with ten acres that he gave in increase to that chapel, and with teinds, and oblations and with everything else pertaining to the chapel, perpetually in alms, free and quit from all secular service, exaction, and reclamation by his heirs. He has also granted to the canons the teinds of his mill and common pasture according to the easements of his feu of Fowlis, namely, for 8 oxen and ten cows, three horses and 100 sheep.
28 March 1165 X 9 April 1170
prob. × 1166
Consecration of Bishop Richard of St Andrews × royal confirmation (_RRS_ ii, no. 28).
Source for Data Entry
St Andrews Liber, 264-5
St A. Lib., 264-5
Confirmed by King William, prob. 1165×66 (1/6/23).