William, son of Thorald, sheriff of Stirling, has given and granted and by this his charter established to Cambuskenneth Abbey the church of Kirkintilloch in perpetual alms with a half ploughgate of land and with all other just pertinents.
1175 X 13 May 1195
Bull of Pope Celestine, 13 May 1195: ‘_ex concessione et confirmatione Gocelini episcopi Glasguensis et Willelmi filii Thoraldi et ex regia confirmatione ecclesiam de Kirkintulach_’. _Camb. Reg._, no. 25, p. 44; _RRS_ ii, no. 528 (1175×95)