Ela de St Martin, for the souls of her man Thomas of Morham and others, has granted and by this her charter established to Newbattle Abbey the donation of that part of the peatary of ‘Crumbrestrothyr’ (ELO) which her father gave and by his charter established, by stated bounds. She also grants them free entry and exit through her land to carry their fuel.
circa 1200 X 15 August 1221
× royal conf. (_Newb. Reg._, no. 104; _Handlist_, no. 28).
Source for Data Entry
Newbattle Registrum, no. 102
Newb. Reg., no. 102
Watt, Graduates, 478. Confirmed by King Alexander II, 1218×21 (1/7/39)