Document 3/427/2 (NLS, Adv. MS 29.4.2 (x), 231r-232v)
Walter Murdoch and Muriel, daughter of Peter of Pollok, his wife, have given, granted and by this their charter established, to Kinloss Abbey, in free, pure and perpetual alms, all that piece of land of the Haugh of Dundurcas (Rothes ph., MOR), by the same bounds by which they held it on the day when Peter of Pollok died, and for its augmentation, that piece of land which John of Hastings and Walter Murdoch and other worthy men assigned the monks, having and holding in perpetuity with all just pertinents, saving the River Spey, which he reserves. Moreover, they have granted pasture for 12 cows and one bull and 16 oxen and four draught animals (?) and 100 sheep in common pasture of the villa of Dundurcus. They have given and granted this for the welfare of their lord William, illustrious king of Scots, and their lord Alexander his son, and for the welfare of the souls of Peter [of] Pollok and of others, so that the disputes and quarrels that were between themselves and the monks should be put to rest.
1203 X 4 December 1214
Succession of Bishop Brice of Moray × death of King William.
Source for Data Entry
NLS, Adv. MS 29.4.2 (x), 231r – 232v. [182?]
NLS, Adv. MS 29.4.2 (x), 231r-232v
Contained in an agreement between Kinloss Abbey and Thomas Wiseman, 1263 (4/20/44).