Constantine of Lochore, son of Robert ‘de Burguinn’ (of Bourguignon), has granted to the Hospital of Jerusalem (the Knights Hospitallers), two oxgangs in the territory of Lochore (FIF), namely over the mill, and common pasture for 60 cows and 100 sheep and 20 goats, 40 [?] and three horses with the offspring of these for two years, and fuel and timber from his wood, for the upkeep of their houses.
1140 X 1200
1140 × late twelfth century
After the death of Robert the Burgundian, and before the death of Constantine of Lochore. Robert’s last attestation is 1140×47 (_Charters of David I_, no. 99). Constantine of Lochore’s other appearances in the charter record date from the 1160s to 1180s, but it is possible that this grant could be as early as the last years of David’s reign. King David introduced the Hospitallers into the kingdom with the preceptory of Torphichen (WLO) 1124× 53, probably late in the reign. _CKD_ (Lost Acts)
Source for Data Entry
G.W.S. Barrow, ‘The Origins of the Family of Lochore’, SHR 77 (1998), 254