People of Medieval Scotland
1093 - 1371

Document 3/337/7 (St A. Lib., 346)

Memorandum that on 3 October 1288, Serlo de Lascelles restored the land which is called ‘Ryhinche’ in the parish of Forgan in Fife (FIF) to Lord John [of Haddington], the prior, and the convent of priory with two friends, viz.: William of Dairsie and Thomas of Auchtermuchty [who along with] Serlo appeared in the land in person in the presence of the following, viz.: Robert the chaplain, Hugh Brown, Richard the Scoloc, Walter of Cupar, brother of Lord Brice, canon of St Andrews, Alan ‘Sorex’, Roger the cook of Inverdovat, Matthew of Torr of Inverdovat, Robert the weaver of Inverdovat, John the Irishman of Friarton.
Firm date
3 October 1288
Dating Notes
5 Non. October, 1288
Source for Data Entry
St Andrews Liber, 346
Trad. ID
St A. Lib., 346
Calendar number
Charter type

Total number of associated factoids: 11

Listing items 1 to 1, page 1 of 1

  • ‹‹ First
  • ‹ Previous
  • 1
  • Next ›
  • Last ››

Date Short Summary Primary Witnesses
3 Oct. 1288 Restoration of land called 'Ryhinche' in Forgan in Fife (FIF) to St Andrews Priory yes