Hugh, abbot of Dunfermline, and the convent of the same place, have given, granted and by this their charter established to Marjory, daughter and heir of Richard the cook, the late burgess of Dunfermline, for her homage and faithful service, that half of Pitbauchlie (in Dunfermline, FIF) which Richard, her father, formerly held from them. It is to be held and had by her and her successors, from the monks and their successors, in perpetuity, and she is to render to them one pair of white spurs at the feast of the translation of the blessed Margaret the queen. And she and her heirs will not be compelled to come to their mill or workshop, nor will they render Dereth or Slother [payments in respect of the duties of the relic-keeper (deòradh), and of army or host (sluagh)], but they will make suit at the monks court and [provide] forinsec service pertaining to a third part of one davach [Dauethe] of land. Additionally, they give to Marjory that parcel of land below the villa which is called the meadow in the burgage of Dunfermline, which parcel of land Simon the cook first held and afterwards [was held by] Alan, who was steward. It is to be held and had by her and her successors, and they are to render to the monks one pound of cumin every year at the feast of the blessed Margaret the queen.
28 August 1296 X 16 February 1314
last appearance of Radulf of Greenlaw, abbot of Dunfermline × first appearance of Robert of Crail, abbot of Dunfermline