William Fraser, bishop of St Andrews, makes known that by the inspection and the consideration of the privileges and grants of Pope Innocent IV concerning the fruits and offerings of the vicarages of all the churches belonging to the prioress and nuns of North Berwick, who first bestowed to them all the fruits of the vicarages of the churches of the monastery existing within his diocese, viz. Kilconquhar (FIF), Largo (FIF) and North Berwick, he declares approval of the papal grant and wishes that it obtain perpetual strength. He states that the nuns should convert for the sole use all the fruits of the vicarages for the alleviation of the poor, and the pursuit of hospitality, and they should arrange and appoint suitable chaplains in the churches, which are to be presented to the bishop, and are to be instituted and watched by the bishop and his successors, each of whom should annually receive ten marks from the nuns without the burdens, and will answer to the bishop for the spiritualia and to the nuns for the temporalia. The bishop reserves to him and his successors the episcopal dues. Additionally, he reserves the rights of his archdeacons, and he wishes and grants that when any of the vicars serving the churches happen to die or resign, it may be permitted to the Master of the nuns, or any of the procurators of the nuns, to receive, hold and possess all the fruits which used to the pertain to the vicars. Additionally, the bishop reserves the annual dues (annualibus?) of the vicars now serving the said churches, and those of the chaplains when they retire in the future.
Sunday 16 June 1293
Sunday nearest after the feast of St. Barnabas in the year of the lord 1293