King William gives notice that the advowson of the church of East Kilbride (LAN) had been acknowledged and proved in his presence and in his full court at Lanark to belong to the bishop of Glasgow from of old, and that John bishop of Glasgow and his successors had freely bestowed the same. In consequence, Roger de Volgnes in the king's presence has renounced his claim to the patronage. Wherefore the King grants and makes firm by his charter the advowson of the church of Kilbride free and quit, with one ploughgate of land to the church (of Glasgow) and Jocelin bishop of Glasgow and his successors in perpetuity.
1182 X 1190
_Glasgow Reg._, no. 55 × death of Richard de Moreville the constable.