Petitions of the abbot and convent of Sweetheart in Galloway to the king and council. 1) They pray that in redress for the damages done to them by the Welshmen when last at Dumfries, to the amount of £400, he would grant them the land called Little Rosseley in Inglewood, containing 40 acres, or Braithwaite, worth 5 marks yearly. 2) For the burning of their granges and destruction of their goods, estimated at £5,000 and more, they ask the church of Wigtown, in the bishopric of Galloway, for their own uses. 3) Also the value of 8 ½ sacks of good teased wool taken for the late king’s use by Hasculf of Cleasby and others, out of the grange of Holm Cultram, where it had been stored for fear of the Scots in 1302. 4) The king is patron of their house founded by the lady de Balliol, as owner of the lands forfeited by her son, John de Balliol. The late king gave Sir John de St John the Balliol lands in Galloway, but not the advowsons of abbeys and they beg the king to command Sir John not to intromit with them, and to direct a protection in their favour to the sheriff of Dumfries.