William of Lamberton, bishop of St Andrews, with the unanimous consent of his chapter, has given, granted and established by this his present charter to John of ‘Athelec’ (Affleck ANG) his serviens (sergeand?) and his heirs, for the good service expended by him, all the apdaine of Blair in Gowrie (Blairgowrie parish, PER) with pasture and with all other commodities, pertinents and easements belonging to that apdaine, saving the right of patronage of the church, rendering annually 5s., half at Pentecost and half at Martinmas, in the name of cain, and performing two suits for all at his three capital pleas of Rescobie (ANG) for all service, exaction and demand.
1300 X 28 May 1328
Charter dated in the year M CCC _ _ (hole), × Prior John’s inspection latest possible date.
Source for Data Entry
NRS, GD 190/2/1; included in inspection by John, prior of St Andrews