Hugh de Mortimer has granted and established by this his charter to St Andrews Priory the chapel of Fowlis [Easter] (ANG) with the land belonging to it, which was granted by his grandfather William Maule, with ten acres that he gave to that chapel, and with teinds, and oblations and with everything else pertaining to the chapel, in perpetual alms, free and quit from all secular service, exaction, and reclamation by his heirs. He has also granted to the canons the teinds of his mill and common pasture according to the easements of his feu of Fowlis, namely, for 8 oxen and ten cows, three horses and 100 sheep, as contained in the charter of the aforesaid William.
circa 1225 X 8 October 1235
perhaps late 1220s
David of Bernham’s time in the _familia_ of Bishop William Malveisin × first definite attestation of David of Bernham as chamberlain; Master Adam Ovid may argue for early end of this range. See Watt, _Graduates_, 41, 436.