The chapter of the church of the Holy Trinity of Spynie makes known that the bishop of Moray, with the chapter’s common consent, has given, granted and by this charter established to Arbroath Abbey in free, pure and perpetual alms, one davoch of land pertaining to the church of Aberchirder (Marnoch, BNF). The chapter wills that they hold this as the bishop’s charter establishes and bears witness.
1207 X 28 June 1211
Bishop Brice gave the aforementioned davoch to Arbroath Abbey, 1207 × 28 June 1211 (_Moray Reg._, no. 203). This document surely dates to the same period.