Gilbert, earl of Strathearn, has given and granted, and established by his charter, to Inchaffray Priory, ‘Achadlunxech’ (Craig, PER), Ardunie (PER), Ardbennie (PER), ‘Dofindre’ (Dubheads, PER), ‘Balfur’ (Williamstone, PER) and ‘Balmacgillon’ (Bellyclone, PER), and three acres of land next to the marsh of Fowlis, on the north (PER), and the villa called ‘Ruuehalach’ (PER), which he gave them for the teinds of his profits, which came to him from the pleas of his comital court, and all the teinds which would have been forthcoming from other places, and a portion of the marsh of Fowlis (PER) which was surrounded by a ditch in 1219, and a mill on the River Earn at ‘Dunfallin’ (PER), which they built close to his mill, with all their easements down to the year 1219, in pure and perpetual alms, by their right bounds, with all just pertinents. And he and his heirs will acquit the forinsec service of the lord king for the aforementioned lands. Moreover, for the advancement of their house and the sustenance of the canons, the churches of St Patrick of Strageath (Blackford, PER), St Serf of Dunning (PER), St Cathan of Aberuthven (PER), St Mahessoch of Auchterarder (PER), St Bean of Kinkell (PER), St Bean of Fowlis Wester (PER), St Ethernan of Madderty (PER), St Serf of Monzievaird (PER), and St Bridget of Kilbride (PER), in pure and perpetual alms.
1219 X 1221
Charter text mentions a trench dug around Inchaffray in 1219 and a mill for the canons that was apparently constructed in the same year; × erection of Inchaffray to abbey.
Source for Data Entry
Neville, Charters of the Earls of Strathearn, no. 21