Robert, son of Earl Gilbert of Strathearn, has granted and established by this present writing, that donation which his father the earl made to Inchaffray Abbey, of the lands of ‘Adlunxi’ (Craig, PER), Ardunie (PER), Ardbennie (PER), ‘Dofindre’ (Dubheads, PER), ‘Balfur’ (Williamstone, PER) and ‘Balmakilleoen’ (Bellyclone, PER), and three acres of land next to the marsh of Fowlis, on the north (PER), and the villa called ‘Ruuehalach’ (PER), which he gave them for the teinds of his profits, which came to him from the pleas of his comital court, and all the teinds which would have been forthcoming from other places, and a portion of the marsh of Fowlis (PER) which was surrounded by a ditch in 1219, and a mill on the River Earn at ‘Dunfallin’ (PER), which they built close to his mill, with all their easements down to the year 1219, in pure and perpetual alms, by their right bounds, with all just pertinents, as the charter of his father bears witness and establishes. Moreover, he also grants to them and establishes those churches which his father donated to them, namely the churches of St Patrick of Strageath (Blackford, PER), St Serf of Dunning (PER), St Bean of Fowlis Wester (PER), St Bean of Kinkell (PER), St Cathan of Aberuthven (PER), St Mahessoch of Auchterarder (PER), St Serf of Monzievaird (PER), St Serf of Tuliedene (PER), St Bridget of Kilbride (PER) and St Ethernan of Madderty (PER), in pure and perpetual alms.
1219 X 1221
Charter text mentions a trench dug around Inchaffray in 1219 and a mill for the canons that was apparently constructed in the same year; × erection of Inchaffray to abbey.
Source for Data Entry
Neville, Charters of the Earls of Strathearn, no. 33
Neville, Strathearn, no. 33
Earl of Kinnoull Charters no. 140i.
Inchaffray Charters, no. 41