Luke son of Theobald son of William has given, granted, and by this his charter established to Inchaffray Abbey to light the great altar of St Mary in that church, in pure and perpetual alms, that whole piece of land in his land of Pitlandie (PER), that lies between the land that he and his father gave called ‘Fithlerflath’ and the great road going towards Buchanty, to the north of the land of ‘Dunduff’ that Brice of Ardrossan formerly held of him at feuferme, with that piece of land extending from the east towards the west until the burn that flows between Pitlandie and ‘Pethmane’, constituting four acres and a little more, and with a brewery of the land of Pitlandie, holding in perpetuity, with common pasture for 8 cows, 2 horses and with common easements of the villa of Pitlandie (PER).
23 November 1271 X 18 December 1284
Brice of Ardrossan’s charter (Inchaff. Chrs., no. 100) × papal confirmation of Bishop Robert of Dunblane’s successor. It may be possible to narrow this and following charters down by looking at Watt’s Graduates for various magistri.
Source for Data Entry
C.J. Neville, 'The Earls of Strathearn', Add. Chrs. no. 22