David Uvieth, with the consent of his heir Alexander, has granted and by this his charter established, St Columba and Bishop John [of Dunkeld], the church of Melginch (St Martins, PER) with all its just pertinents, and has quitclaimed any right that he had in the church, in perpetuity.
1 October 1182 X 1195
perhaps 1188 ×
John Scot, bishop of Dunkeld × King William’s confirmation of Bishop John’s gift of Megginch church to Holyrood Abbey (1/6/269)
Source for Data Entry
Holyrood Liber, no. 66 (1)
Holy. Lib., no. 66 (1)
This and three other documents concerning Melginch were copied by Baldred, dean of Lothian, and John, vicar of St Giles’ Edinburgh, 28 July 1243 × ca 1246.